Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pathetic

It's pretty pathetic that I haven't posted anything since May of 2007. So many changes have happened in that time. Some great, but unfortunately, some not so good. I'd love to say it's been a time of reflection and now I've come out on the other side ready to take on the world, but it's not always so easy. It's definitely not easy when you've had four days of rain and you're worried that your roof-deck garden is going to be sogged out! There's some eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, and all sorts of herbs going along with a few marigolds. We'll see if I get any produce out of it. I haven't been over to my community garden plot for a few days, which is home to many more edible goodies, so although I know I'll have my share of weeding, I bet it's fairing better with this rain. Back to the picture, I can't believe I had this many empty pots hanging around my apartment. It's nice to see them put to good use.

I've been attempting to get back to a little crafting as well, although by the end of a busy day, I'm more than exhausted. Right before a January 2008 trip to New Orleans, I started what I decided to name a "Jambalya Blanket" and only got about 10% through it. It's a hexagon blanket that I was inspired by after viewing Alex's of Moonstitches. The pattern is easy enough, and it just takes a bit of time. I ran across this blog yesterday, Attic24, as she also made one. After viewing her blog, that's all it took to get me back in the mood for a little hexagon madness myself. I can't believe the fantastic stuff Attic24 has made! You have got to check her site out! As for my blanket, I'll be posting a few pics of it shortly and I'll be sure to post updates as it gets bigger!

Off to check the chickpeas I have simmering on the stove....Yummy recipe to follow.

No comments: