Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Juneau

One of the neat things I've done this year is get my motorcycle license and buy a BIKE! Here's Juneau - a 2005 Hyosung GT 250 Comet:Ahh, she's so pretty. It's been a little scary learning to ride, but I think I'm much more confident and comfortable with it. For a good two weeks I was afraid to go over 40mph but now I can open the throttle up a little more. I've only done one extended trip back to my parents' house with it - just about an hour and a half out - but it was in late April when the weather turned and I nearly froze to death driving home - even with all my riding gear on. Since it's been raining here for the past week and a half, I've been only intermittently riding her, which is a bummer. Took her out this morning to the garden though, so hopefully she doesn't feel too neglected.

Why the name Juneau? The bike was purchased in Alaska by the previous owner and she still had Alaska stickers on it. I thought it was fitting.

~GAC

No comments: