Tuesday, January 23, 2007

AArF was Confused

AArF and I were on our late afternoon walk when he stopped to smell a tree on the sidewalk in front of someone's house (OK, like a good male dog, he stopped at EVERY tree in the neighborhood), and as he started to squat to mark, this cranky old lady flew out of the house and actually YELLED at me, saying, "you'd better pick up EVERYTHING that dog does there, do you hear me?" I told her not to worry, that he was only doing his usually marking and no number 2, to which she replied, "I don't care. Don't be smart with me - pick it up," and she stomped back in the house.

AArF proceeded to bark at her and I guess I was the one who was confused. Does anyone know how to pick dog pee up from the dirt surrounding a tree, or whether or not you are obligated to when a cranky old lady tells you to?

AArF and I will be walking on the other side of the street or we'll be putting a flaming paper bag on her doorstep - we're thinking it over.

In better news, it was snowing last night and we played "catch and kill the snowball" in the driveway. What fun!

~GAC

No comments: