Monday, July 06, 2009

Grow, Garden, Grow!

Hi!
Here are a few pictures of the roof-top garden and how well everything is growing - there's a distinct difference between the picture below and the one I posted a bit ago:
I'm pretty psyched about the progress. Here are a few more pics of individual plants:
Cukes! I realize that in order for them to survive, I'll need to transplant one to another container. This picture was taken on Friday, and I swear they've gotten even bigger since then. Thank goodness for the rain, however much it made June pretty crummy.

These tomatoes have DEFINITELY gotten bigger - flower buds are starting as of yesterday too!

I'm most proud of these green bell peppers - can't wait to make something good with them. Wonder how many this plant will yield!

I think the herbs are doing nicely - some dill, oregano, thyme, chives, and parsley - others abound as well. Hopefully these will transfer indoors quite nicely come the cold season.

It's my grandmother's 89th birthday today, but since I'm feeling a bit under the weather, I've decided not to go and see her today. All she needs is to catch this little summer cold I've been fighting. Not a birthday present I want to share with her. I'll have to head up within the next week or so though. A good excuse to get Juneau out on the road.

One last picture before I close. Here's the view the plants get from the roof:

And at dusk, it looks like this:
Until next time...!

~GAC

No comments: