Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Insane Garden Growth!!

Whoa! It's been almost a week since my last post, and in that time, we had our first few days of summer here in Boston. Impressive - muggy and hot - with the requisite New England complaining. It was fantastic. But, of course, back to the rain. All night Monday and all day yesterday, buckets and buckets of rain. The roof-deck garden loved it and I was rewarded with a few surprises. First, my hot banana peppers are taking off like CRAZY:
Each are about 2" long right now - I'll harvest them when they're closer to 6" each! Exciting! Next up is my first eggplant flower:

Fortunately, I've been keeping the aphids away with a soap and water mix that I spray nearly every day - or whenever I see the little buggers. They've chewed a few holes on the leaves, but there isn't enough damage to make an appreciable difference to the plant - I hope.

Cucumber plants are also exploding, but I flaked and didn't take a picture. Maybe this afternoon I'll head up and take a few.

On a complete non sequitor...I dreamt that the guitarist Slash and I met and he asked me out - it was one of those giddy as a schoolgirl moments and this morning while pouring coffee into my favorite mug...
...I remembered the dream and had a pretty good laugh. Heck, it might be fun marrying a world famous guitarist. And one who wears a top hat at that! Anyway - not sure what it means other than my brain was doing some pretty funky things last night.

Ciao!

No comments: