Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Joy of Cooking

I made a great chickpea curry out of my new copy of The Joy of Cooking. Innocent Bystander presented me with the copy on Valentine's Day.

Appropriately, Jonathan Beecher Field wrote an article about The Joy of Cooking for Salon.com today. Check it out - he speaks of internet recipe sites v. good old fashioned cookbooks.

After making the curry from the book last night, I'm on the cookbook camp, but man, I've made some wonderful recipes from epicurious.com as well. Field's point of static recipes is fantastic though - I write in my cookbooks and no matter how many time I look up a particular recipe, it never does change, but when I enter something into Google to look for a recipe, I'm lucky if I can figure out which one to make.

Oh, things are so tough.

~GAC

No comments: