My boyfriend, Innocent Bystander, ("IB") and I were hanging out at River Gods last night when I turned to him and said, "hey, so I'm thinking that since I'm starting law school in just over a week, it might be fun for me to start a blog that chronicles the next three years, and it would be a great way for me to keep family and friends connected and up to date with my progress!" He was a bit surprised, since I have read quite a few blogs that make me go, "huh?" and have me wondering why bandwidth is being taken up with such blather. Well, I guess I've decided that it's my time to blather, and going off to law school is the perfect time to start!
I've decided to change the names of the innocent and not-so-innocent, but not places, events, and things that I come across (unless it would immediately lead to a disclosure of identities). Gives me a little more freedom to type away, right? I've decided on Guilty as Charged ("GAC") for my own pen-name, and I'm still working on a good one for my dog!
Anyhow, I'm about a week away from my first day of class on August 22nd. Between now and then, I will be reading up for my first day of class (can you believe my Civil Procedure professor has asked us to read 1/3 of our text book for the first day?! I can't wait to see how she plans to get through all that material...) going to orientations, getting a haircut, visiting with my family, and flying up to Canada to spend a few days with IB's family. I wonder if I can do it all and keep my sanity? Fitting what should be three weeks worth of activities into just about one will certainly be interesting.
Yesterday was my last day of full time employment, possibly for the next three years. I worked at, hands down, the best law firm in Boston, and I was with the firm since they hung their shingle out nearly three years ago (well, I started in the first few formative months). I worked hard there and made many friends along the way. I also feel like I have a bit of a head start with studying law now. As I was reading through my Civ Pro book, the word "interrogatories" was referred to, and I was proud to say that aside from being able to pronounce the word, I've actually drafted and answered interrogatories! I know I have a lot to learn, but every little bit helps!
The law team gave me a wonderful going away party at Harvest Restaurant in Harvard Square, where the peach margaritas are to die for, and the food leaves you speechless! Laughter and tears had by all, and it was a really touching evening. It feels good to have been a part of something so great, and it's sad for me to voluntarily leave it behind!
Off to my first of several events over the course of this week; I'll be sure to post sometime this week to memorialize my orientation!
~GAC
Saturday, August 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment