Thursday, August 25, 2005

Post Canada

Innocent Bystander here. Guilty as Charged is busy watching Jon Stewart. We went out to a couple of Cambridge pubs: People's Republik and Green Street. I was outpacing her a good two pints to one. Her excuse for abruptly ending our evening of carousing: "I have class tomorrow (Friday)". Of course, her first class is at 11 a.m. and I start work at 9 a.m. So who's the wus? Anyway, my incredulousness fell on deaf ears.

Pub review: The People's Republik crew was kind of obnoxious: undergraduate boys and girls half in the bag, or intoxicated yet unemployed 30-somethings; the bartender was decidedly unresponsive, and seemed surprised whenever we wanted a beer. So forget that place. Green Street was much better. We got our Stella Artois quickly, and not too expensively, but we were so temptingly close to my apartment that GAC couldn't last, and insisted we hit my couch for the Daily Show.

What can you do? It's a Thursday. DIfficult for me to argue for reckless abandon. One can only hope that the minimal homework assigned to GAC this week continues in the weeks ahead — but I doubt it.