I told Innocent Bystander this story at lunch and he thought it should make it onto the blog. So before getting down to working on my paper this morning, I went to a nail salon to have a manicure and polish change (my nails are now a festive cranberry red). I wasn't thrilled with my last manicure so I thought I'd try a different place close to my house.
In order for it to make sense, you should understand two (of many things to come, I'm sure) things about me:
1. I don't like men doing my nails - I'm not sure why - I just find it weird; and
2. I don't like the looks of slightly deformed hands (disclaimer - Innocent Bystander has what doctors call Watch glass Nails - and although he used to torture his sisters with them - alien fingers - I like them a lot!).
Ok, back to the story. So I go in to have my nails done and of course, the only person free is a guy! He seemed fine enough and I wanted to get to school so I decided to let him do my nails. As he worked on them, I realized that he had a lump protruding from one of his thumbs, and I then further realized that this lump had a nail of its own. I think he had a second thumb (albeit a little one) growing from his fully formed one! I'm sure it wasn't still in the process of growing, but for description's sake it will have to do.
The first image that popped into my mind was the mutant rebel leader, Kuato, from Total Recall. Could Kuato be doing my nails?
The second feeling was that of a little queasiness. I decided not to look anymore and just watch President Bush sign the Hyde Act on TV. You know, something to calm me down a bit.
I'll be trying out some other salon next time.
~GAC
Monday, December 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment